AmeriLife Benefits: Cultivating Excellence & Empowerment
At AmeriLife Benefits, we value our team members and strive to create a positive and supportive culture. We believe in honesty, transparency, diversity, and inclusivity. We provide opportunities for professional development and encourage creativity and innovation. We celebrate both successes and failures as learning opportunities. We also believe in giving back to our community and supporting various charities and causes. Our culture is one of teamwork, respect, and excellence. We work hard to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential while making a meaningful impact on the lives of our clients.
As a Benefits Counselor, you are responsible for effectively and professionally representing AmeriLife Benefits in all benefit enrollment activities that require a purchasing decision on behalf of eligible employees and/or their family members. The Benefits Counselor will communicate with client employees to provide information about the insurance products offered by their employer. They will work under the guidance of Account Executives and Call Center Managers to ensure that the consultation meets client standards and requirements. By using fact-finding techniques and building rapport with employees, the Benefits Counselor will identify and recommend the most suitable solutions. Additionally, the Benefits Counselor will assist employees with benefits enrollment activities as per the client’s directives. This position can be performed either on-site or remotely from a call center. Benefit counseling sessions will occur in multiple settings including large group meetings, one on one meetings or via call center.
Duties and responsibilities
- Uses in-depth knowledge and understanding of employer and employee paid benefits to provide complete enrollment services to eligible employees both on-site and via call center
- Is versatile in the delivery of “needs based” sales presentations in both employee groups and one-on-one settings
- Collects enrollment data on a laptop for both new customers and re-enrolling customers
- Builds rapport quickly with employees and on-site client contacts
- Works with managers and human resource contacts to help control on-site enrollment process and flow
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Strong computer literacy and knowledge of technology (laptop functionality, spreadsheets, internet connectivity)
- Works well independently, shows initiative and exercises discretion with respect to the benefits enrollment process
- High school diploma required, undergraduate degree preferred
- 3–5 years of Broker, Carrier, Insurance, Financial Services, Human Resources, Sales, Training or Teaching experience highly desirable
- Required license or certification: Insurance (Life and Health)
To apply for this position, select the “Apply” tab above and fill out the form.
Applying for Benefits Counselor
To apply for the role of Benefits Counselor, please fill out the form below.