Save more for retirement with your employer-sponsored plan and AmeriLife® Benefits Retirement Services.
- Broad selection of quality, brand-name investments, and fixed indexed annuities (FIAs)
- Retirement planning tools and support to make informed decisions
- All in one easy-to-use, low-cost retirement savings platform available on your smartphone or online
Why contribute to both TRSL (or LASERS) and your employer-sponsored plan?
Most eligible employees contribute to the Louisiana defined benefit plan, but that does not guarantee a comfortable retirement. You will not be eligible for Social Security. Federal income taxes will be deducted from your retirement check. Plus, inflation and rising prices for health care, gasoline, food, and other household items could make it difficult to pay all your bills.
Take advantage of a broad selection of quality, brand-name savings options to save more for retirement
From a national financial advisory firm and Registered Investment Adviser.
- RAISE™ Star Series of professionally managed investment portfolios: five risk-adjusted models from conservative to aggressive. For those who wish to rely on the services of Brookstone investment professionals.
- Self-selection of investments: choice of a fixed-interest stable value fund and 40 individual mutual funds and exchange-traded funds (ETFs) from trusted institutions, such as Vanguard, American Funds, Invesco, BlackRock and Fidelity.
Fixed Indexed Annuities (FIAs)
From the #1 issuer of FIAs in employer-sponsored plans.1
Fixed indexed annuities can provide potential for higher interest crediting than traditional fixed annuities, and minimum guaranteed accumulation value and safety of premiums paid and interest earned.
Life Insurance Company of the Southwest® (LSW), a member company of National Life Group, offers flexible premium indexed annuities (FIAs) for 403(b)/457 plans.
LSW has a financial strength rating of A+ (Superior, 2nd highest out of 16 rankings) by AM Best.2
Manage your retirement savings with IPX mobile technology and helpdesk support
Set up your retirement savings account on the IPX mobile app or online. Have questions? IPX helpdesk agents can help.
Tailor your personal savings strategy to your unique needs (illustration only)
Rod decides to diversify his retirement account, splitting his contributions between an FIA and an investment account. He likes the FIA with guarantees against loss of premiums paid and the interest earned — in case a market index decline occurs. And he invests in large-cap and mid-cap equity mutual funds for more growth potential.3
Aaliyah has little experience with investments or spare time between work and family. She schedules an appointment with the Investment Adviser Representative and elects to contribute to a RAISETM Star Series portfolio to take advantage of its professional investment management and systematic
James’ variable annuity is no longer subject to a surrender charge. He would like to “de-risk” its built-up contract value in case the market declines. He decides to exchange it, with the help of the IPX helpdesk, into an FIA with a Guaranteed Lifetime Income Rider.4 Jamesis willing to enter a new surrender charge period to have peace of mind.
Program charges & fees
Charges and fees are based on individual annuity and investment selections.
- An annuity withdrawal charge and optional rider charges may apply. See annuity product sales material for more detail.
- Contributions to a Brookstone advisory account incur an annual investment account charge of $55 per plan, and a maximum annual advisory fee of 1% of the total value of the account assets.5 Mutual funds and ETFs have separate investment management fees as indicated in the prospectus.6
Not affiliated with the U.S. Government.